MER Training Curriculum
Learning is an intensely personal process and an integral part of each person’s human development. The continued exploration of the body- in all its dimensions with greater depth- creates an awareness of the embodied experience of one’s True Nature.
The Myofascial Energetic Release (MER) Training curriculum consists of 8 Areas of Instruction that progress in a systematic way through each of the 7 modules.
The 8 Areas of Instruction are:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Deep Tissue Bodywork and Functional Assessment
- Movement Education, Myofascial Unwinding
- Breath and Somatic Psychology
- Working with Pain Syndromes
- Business and Marketing
- Professional Ethics
The Eight Areas of Instruction are woven throughout each module until graduation through the following areas:
- Theory & Principles of working with pain syndromes.
- Demonstrations of each area of instruction and how to create a personalized session.
- Practice/Lab: Practice exchanges during modules and home practice after the first module interchanging with at least 3 people.
As you progress in the MER training, you will have considerable exposure to the MER series through practicum exchanges with one another as well as with demonstrations of MER individual sessions given by Satyarthi. This practical experiential training allows for a deeper understanding of the coherent bond between each Module of Instruction. The MER training format encourages optimum learning experiences for students and provides the opportunity for hands-on evaluation of your progress and skills by the originator of MER, Satyarthi Peloquin.
Throughout all training modules an environment of inspired learning with empathy, Presence and acceptance is created. This provides a safe space for students to move into new and profound experiences of their own innate healing powers as well as learn the science and art of holistic deep bodywork. The MER training is designed to focus on exploring the modality of deep bodywork as a healing art, incorporating a unique, integrative combination of bodywork techniques and teachings as a way to restore the natural interdependent connection between the brain, emotions, body and vital energy.
Techniques & Tools Taught in the MER Training
- The art and science of deep bodywork.
- Assisted stretches from Ayurvedic Yoga Massage.
- How to evaluate soft tissue spasm throughout the body and head.
- How to release chronic muscle spasms through deep sensitive touch and working on painful areas for up to 5 minutes giving the fascia time to release.
- Educating clients on the cause of their holding patterns and pain. Empowerment through education is a powerful ally in healing chronic pain.
- Myofascial Unwinding is a sophisticated method of movement education using the body’s natural wisdom to release and integrate.
- Structural, functional and emotional Body-Reading through which we evaluate the body and mind of the client.
- Palpation: The art of evaluating the soft tissues of the body through “Listening hands”.
- Trauma healing: Working with the felt-sense of the body and activating the body’s natural ability to self-regulate and release physical, emotional and psychological traumas.
- Five key skill to support emotional integration during a session.
- Structural bodywork to restore balance in the entire body.
- The Power of Breath
- Skillful Verbal Cueing
The MER Training is delivered in 6 x 5-day modules plus a new advanced 7th module taking place in Amsterdam (or elsewhere). You can start the MER training with any of the modules as all modules (except for the advanced module) can be taken in any order.